Saturday, May 8, 2010

Self..... less?

Your fb status is pretty interesting. It's about being stuck in the crossroads of the choices you have in hand. You seem to be speculating what road to choose, like you don't already know. I find it amusing though; only because I already know which one you will end up on. I actually am not even sure what the exact choices are, but I do know the answer.

If I'm correct - which I am, you're going to choose whatever choice benefits you the most. Wait, that's wrong. You're going to choose whatever it is that you WANT the most. Yeah, that's about right. Except I left out an important detail; you're going to say that it's exactly where God wants you!
Overkill? I wouldn't say so. You've proven my statement right a countless amount of times throughout our time together - and not so together. See, you've always been great at three things; lying, making excuses, and pretending that you can hear God's voice.
I know, it's a little bold. But then again, we both know what you've told me in the past. That's just between you and me though, right? Nobody else needs to know, as long as you can keep your image as immaculate as you can display to the world. Almost like your mother. I guess your fear of turning into her is reaching its inevitable destiny sooner than you would have hoped, huh?

Just like her, you'll never know how to truly love others until you decide to make your life less about yourself, and more about the ones you claim to "love". It's the choices you make that fabricate who you are, and who you are isn't on the road to happiness.
Although, whenever it is that you DO decide to exit the boulevard of self-indulgence, you still won't find me down the road. I'll be long gone with you missing my dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment